Welcome! Day 1

Posted by Tina Mammoser on Monday, December 1, 2008


Welcome to Wave Mechanics! A blog sharing my project of 365 photos of the River Thames in London. A lot of artists have been doing 365 projects, a task of taking a photo a day for a year, and I wanted to do something interesting, accessible (it's a 5 minute walk to the river for me), and relevent to the rest of my artwork.

The water surface of the Thames is the perfect ever-changing subject matter.

You can also see the whole series on my Wave Mechanics set Flickr page, in case you want to access previous images more easily.

An added note: while I will be publishing these images in future I would still like to share them under Creative Commons for others to use as source material. I thought it might be particularly useful for artists trying to capture waves and ripples, or water patterns and reflections generally. So please do use the images under the attribution, non-commercial, share-alike license. [Nitty gritty: this means you can use the image for non-commercial activities (blog, artwork studies or as part of a larger artwork) and I just ask that you mention me as the original artist. You can even alter the image, as long as you do the same thing and attribute the original to me so more people can enjoy the 365 series! You don't need to ask permission, I trust you.]

7 Comments

Making A Mark said...

Nice one. I am now off to go and add this blog into the Watermarks blogroll!

Caroline Roberts said...

I love how the waves look like mountains seen from way up high in a plane.
I think these will be a huge help to me - thank you!

vivien said...

this is going to be a fascinating project - what a great idea - all those changing colours and patterns and movements and moods to come :>)

Lindsay said...

This is very interesting and I'll be following along. Thanks for generously sharing the images!

Deborah Paris said...

Congrats Tina on this new project as well as Watermarks. Looking forward to following both of them!

Gesa said...

What a good idea! I do have a fair number of those photos and sketches myself. I'll be watching :)

Anonymous said...

This is so cool. I will be here every day :-)
I love the play of light and shadow in this first one.